To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a letter indicating why your are interested in this position to Pastor@newhopelutheran.info. Application deadline is August 18.
The Youth and Family Ministry (YFM) Director provides leadership, coordination and communication for programs serving children, youth and their families of New Hope Lutheran Church. The YFM works with the pastor, staff, and volunteers to plan and carry out transforming faith formation experiences for youth and their families. The YFM envisions, plans and implements creative youth (and cross-generational) programs of fellowship, service, faith formation and mission.
Focus on faith formation for youth and their families, including cross-generation (cross-gen) activities together with whole congregation (including but not limited to):
- Assist pastor, as needed, with the confirmation program, including retreats, service projects, and other events
- Work with volunteers to coordinate GIFT (Generations in Faith Together) program (GIFT is a weekly Wednesday night cross-gen faith formation activity – beginning with a free meal, followed by group worship / Bible lesson)
- Plan and coordinate regular youth events
- Help coordinate mission trips
- Coordinate VBS
- Identify needs and resources to increase youth participation in intergenerational faith formation activities
- Recruit and train youth volunteers for faith formation activities, including: GIFT, VBS, worship, service and fellowship roles
- Interact with other committees to promote intergenerational, faith-nurturing activities.
- Enthusiasm for working with youth
- Christian faith with an understanding and acceptance of Lutheran theology
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm in faith sharing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to connect with parents, church leaders, the congregation and church staff
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as self-motivated to work independently
- Ability to work with volunteers (training as well as delegating responsibilities)
- Ability to utilize social media as a means to communicate with youth and their families and to promote activities and faith
- Previous experience in church and/or education setting helpful